[Adium-devl] Connect/Disconnect Enable/Disable etc.

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Fri Jul 28 21:20:02 UTC 2006

On Jul 28, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Christopher Forsythe wrote:

>>> Bah, a checkbox for this shouldn't be needed.
>>
>> "that" and "this" are what? Autoconnect?  Or something else?
>
> The shift key thing. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

I think the message from users has been pretty clear that in a
multiaccount environment, some predictable granularity over what will
and will not be connected when Adium launches is desirable...
predictable, it seems, at a level of "regardless what I was doing
when I quit Adium and shut my laptop, I know what will happen when I
get where I'm going and launch Adium again". If you sleep the machine
without quitting, it's very reasonable for Adium to resume the exact
same connected state upon resuming... and while the same could be
applied to across launches, it's also reasonable to expect some
defined base-state.