[Adium-devl] Previous Conversations Viewer?

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Sun Jun 18 05:54:14 UTC 2006

I made that change locally to see how it 'felt' and ended up
committing having forgotten it'd been changed -- buried in a large
changeset and all that.

Log Viewer / View Logs seems reasonable to me... but I, like everyone
else on this list, am not a novice IM user.  I've run into several
people recently who had no idea that logging beyond the default in-
window history existed at all... I was thinking that something which
more clearly said "previous conversations" would get better
recognition than the fairly technical-sounding 'logs'.  I think "View
Previous Conversations…" is a pretty good title... but you're right
that "Previous Conversations Viewer" is awkward at best.

I could roll with 'transcript'. For better or worse, and perhaps as
indication of the goodness of the choice, iChat calls its logs "Chat
transcripts" (though it has no good way to view them short of
Unsanity's Chat Transcript Manager). Anyone else have thoughts on the
word choice?

-Evan