[Adium-devl] A Unit-Testing Dissertation

Peter Hosey boredzo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 10:39:50 UTC 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 21:13:55, Evan Schoenberg wrote:
> While I think the burden on our relatively limited development
> resources would be too great to require unit tests on newly
> submitted code, …

Actually, the burden is greater to require unit tests on *old* code.
It's the washing-dishes problem: Washing a whole sinkful of old
dishes (our old code) vs washing dishes as they are newly dirtied
(new code that comes in). Ideally, the code will come in already
clean, but it's not a big thing to add unit tests if they are missing
on a one-patch-at-a-time basis.
\ Peter Hosey / boredzo at adiumx.com
PGP public key ID: C6550423 (since 2007-01-01)