[Adium-devl] trunk vs. adium-1.1: Merging and localization

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Fri Jul 13 16:21:01 UTC 2007

  * Please do not make code changes on theadium-1.1 branch which are
not also immediately made on trunk unless there's a really really
good reason to do so.  If you commit to adium-1.1, it is your
responsibility to ensure that you also do a merge and commit to
trunk.  (You can of course commit to trunk without merging to 1.1).
  * If you remove a localized string from trunk without also removing
it from adium-1.1, you must add an AILocalizedString() entry for it
to Source/DeadStrings-1.1.h so that it remains in our localized
strings files for as long as 1.1 is being built.
  * If you modify a localized nib (add a control, etc.), you need to
update the other languages' nibs and note the change for
translators.  I will write a brief tutorial on the wiki about this in
the near future.

Cheers,
Evan