[Adium-devl] adiumPurpleRequestFields

Colin Barrett timber at lava.net
Thu Jun 7 18:17:35 UTC 2007

On Jun 7, 2007, at 5:29 AM, Andreas Monitzer wrote:

> On Jun 07, 2007, at 08:55, Colin Barrett wrote:
>
>>> I'm not so sure—an NSForm, with some subclasses of NSFormCell, could
>>> certainly do the job with not much pain.
>>
>> That might be way better. Getting HTML to 90% of the way to looking
>> like a native app is pretty easy. Getting it that last 10% is tough.
>> If we can do it with Cocoa, that would be way better. I actually
>> didn't know about NSForm.
>
> Well, since WebKit uses native controls, all that's left to be Mac-
> like is the placing, which shouldn't be impossible to get right using
> a table and some css.

A table? Are you serious? :(

> I considered writing it in Cocoa last year, but then I looked at all
> the controls that are necessary:
> [snip]

Yeah, after reading the long, long list, we probably just want to go
with the WebView. I would advise caution, and would encourage Andy not
to rathole on this too much. Once he's got the basics set up, other
people (yes, I'm volunteering) can help him out with it.

-Colin