[Adium-devl] [Gaim-devel] Bonjour and XMPP

Evan Schoenberg evan at adiumx.com
Fri Mar 30 01:20:33 UTC 2007

On Mar 29, 2007, at 9:14 PM, Richard Laager wrote:

> Is there any effort to standardize XMPP over mDNS? Would it be
> compatible with Bounjour?

I should have included this bit of information in my original post:

Bonjour is now defined as XEP-0174 [1] and also called "Link-Local
Messaging".  My entire lengthy post, then, could really be summarized
as:

Rather than implementing Bonjour as an entirely separate protocol,
XEP-0174 should be implemented in a sub-prpl of the existing XMPP
prpl.  This implementation should allow the UI to use the mDNS
implementation of its choice.

[1] http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0174.html

Cheers,
Evan