[Adium-devl] GSoC 2007 student branches

Michael princip2000 at mail.ru
Wed May 30 18:33:29 UTC 2007

Colin Barrett wrote:
> On May 30, 2007, at 8:55 AM, David Smith wrote:

>>> How large is the diff between what we have now and 2.0.1?
>>>
>>> -Colin
>>>
>> 	1.0.4's libpurple -> libpurple 2.0.1 will get us some rather nice
>> bug fixes. Trunk already has the best of the lot.
>>

> I don't doubt it. I'm just curious about risk, really. If it's a huge
> hunk-o-changes, maybe we want to hold up and not do it (or only grab
> some of the changes) for 1.0.x, which should IMO focus on stability at
> this point, what with 1.1 almost out.
>
> We (I) really, really don't want to have to do a 1.0.6. Ugh.
>
> -Colin

OK, how about this:

- Create a 1.0.5 beta that consists of 1.0.4 plus the libpurple update.
No other changes that might pose a risk.
- Have the usual suspects test and dogfood it.
- Instead of the usual releasing 'when it's ready', test some more, and
wait...
- Wait until 1.1 is out and all Tiger users can upgrade to that, all
1.0.5. beta testers will move to 1.1 as well.
- When 1.1 is out, Panther users can have their last update to 1.0.5.
which might just be the most beta-tested Adium ever ;-)

Michael