[Adium-devl] Version Control - To change or not to change? THAT is the question!

Colin Barrett timber at lava.net
Wed Jan 2 20:53:33 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008, at 3:54 AM, Eric Richie wrote:

> With human readable revisions numbers you can look at a ticket that
> says "I'm using 1.2svn rxxxxx" and say to yourself "ah, that's from
> a week ago and we worked on [feature] yesterday so this may already
> be fixed"

This would easily be solved by having nightly builds which would be
datestamped, or including a pull time/date in the about box. Just
sayin'. ;)

Anyway, I think the best way forward at this point is to have someone
do test imports into all the different repos and see how big they
are, and how well they perform.

-Colin