[Adium-devl] Website design

Zachary West zacwest at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:48:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Zachary West <zacwest at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3eee

My cat says hello.

If you want information (non-JS related) you can log into the cpanel
and see a wealth of user information. The website right now is
designed to work on an 800x600 resolution while still showing the
old-version information without requiring scrolling, which was an
important change to try and calm down way-too-old users from their
crazy concerns. Though the Safari-detection stuff also helped that a
bit I think.

I think a new design for the sake of a new design might be a mistake;
but I also feel like after 3 or 4 years we could use some change
anyway. It's just go to really, really fit with how we use the designs
(look at the Xtras page, for example—it's nice having a free-form area
where there's no surrounding elements. Limiting the page by an
extraneous 100-200px for design is hard to deal with).

Zac