[Adium-devl] mbpurple plugin for Adium
zacwest at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:30:21 UTC 2009
So, there's a plugin sitting in the queue: mbpurple's implementation of
Twitter. It adds a contact to your buddy list and does rudiamentary
(compared to trunk) display of tweets.
My main concerns with approving it:
1) It will display in the list as "Twitter" which, with 1.4, is confusing as
2) Users will confuse it with the announced 1.4 feature and complain like
crazy, distribute poor information about it, etc
3) There's definitely no upgrade path to the 1.4 implementation, nor is it
at all obvious which one is which if you use both.
Reasons to approve it:
1) We aren't Apple; draconian subjugation of competition is pretty stupid.
2) They've worked hard to get it working in Adium
So we have a few choices: either approve it as it is, approve it with
requested modifications (i.e., have them rename it to "Mbpurple" all over
the place and inside Adium), or do not approve it.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Adium-devl