build failures?

Colin Barrett colin at springsandstruts.com
Wed Nov 10 21:31:24 UTC 2010

http://buildbot.adium.im/builders/adium/builds/495/steps/compile/logs/stdio

Among others:

> In file included from /Users/adium/adium-slave/adium/build/Frameworks/Adium Framework/Source/AIAccount.m:36:
> /Users/adium/adium-slave/adium/build/Plugins/Dual Window Interface/AIMessageWindowController.h:36: error: cannot find protocol declaration for ‘NSToolbarDelegate’
> /Users/adium/adium-slave/adium/build/Plugins/Dual Window Interface/AIMessageWindowController.h:36: error: cannot find protocol declaration for ‘NSSplitViewDelegate’

We should set up some kinda notification thing again. (Upgrading is also probably a good idea -- newer versions of buildbot also seem to have much nicer data viz, and there are probably some other improvements as well.)

Some other release engineering things to rattle around in you brain:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReleaseEngineering/TryServer
http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/0.8.1/try.html

See if your change break the build before pushing.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/DisposableProjectBranches

Basically you can use these if you've got a microbranch going and you can provide builds for people to test out.

(Mozilla is one of the biggest users and contributors to buildbot, and both of these seem reasonably easy to set up)

-Colin