Icon update proposal

Robert Vehse robert.vehse at gmx.de
Fri Nov 19 14:27:44 UTC 2010

Peter, thanks for taking the time so review each icon in detail.

Am 18.11.2010 um 06:59 schrieb Peter Hosey:

> Chat window toolbar: All look good to me. I do prefer the chain-link
> version of the Add/Edit Link icon.

Bogdan tried different icons with chain links but in the end, we
preferred this one. This way of representing hyperlinks is used in
some of Apple's iLife applications such as Pages, iWeb (check the get
info panes).

> Preferences window toolbar: I prefer our current icons, with
> exceptions:
> <snip>I prefer most of our current icons because they're Adiumy-
> themed, not generic icons.<snip>

Yes, I like the idea of feathers for "Appearance" and I think ducks
are cool for "Accounts" but I think the current icons look "old", like
they fit Tiger better. I'd be fine with Bogdan's new ones here but if
others would also prefer feathers and ducks, maybe I could get him to
make icons themed like that.

> <snip>
> - Script: I prefer our current icon.

I don't mind, the current one is closer to Apple's icon for
AppleScripts though.

> - Speak: I think we need a new icon, but a bollard isn't it. A
> microphone doesn't make sense here, since it's output, not input.
> Might I suggest a pair of lips?

Agreed. I'll talk to Bogdan about this.

Cheers,
Robbie