b19 message style problems

Matthew mneedham at ei8ht.us
Wed Oct 20 01:47:35 UTC 2010

With Evan's fix for the message style bundle path issue and the
additional CFBundleIdentifier failovers I committed yesterday, things
are greatly improved. However, there are still some lingering issues
due to limitations in how the existing CFBundleIdentifier failover
works.

I basically just added more if-thens to the existing failover code.
Now Adium will correctly select the appropriate message style based on
the user's previous selection of any bundled message style.
Unfortunately, the failover doesn't cover every place that
CFBundleIdentifier is used, so some user preferences will be lost.

Retained are the checkboxes for show user icons, show header, show
received message fonts, and show received message colors. Lost are the
variant, custom background, font face, and font size.

There may be other things tied to CFBundleIdentifier, I only checked
the prefs in the messages prefpane.

Matthew

--

Matthew