Icon update proposal

Christopher Forsythe chris at growl.info
Tue Jan 4 04:44:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Robert Vehse <robert.vehse at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I've got news: in order to speed the icon update along, Frank has set up a
> voting page: http://wixardy.no-ip.org/adiumIcons/. Evan has said it's okay
> for everyone following this list to put their votes in.

I'm looking at these icons, and I kind of see why you guys are voting.
That said, I'm afraid I don't see the point completely here.

I can vote for the icon I think would be best in that situation. But I
can't see them all together with this approach. If the idea is to make
a single cohesive set of icons, I don't know that this voting web page
helps to get to that goal. There is a large amount of different kinds
of art in place on the voting page. If in the end the most voted for
items don't go together, I don't see this voting page having ended up
with the well intended goals it was set up for.

Is there not a way to have the two icon guys talk for a bit and then
make a final set that combines both of their works, and then have them
present them in one cohesive icon set?

Chris