GPL and the Mac App Store

Christopher Forsythe chris at growl.info
Tue Jan 11 23:08:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Stephen Holt <sholt at adium.im> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2011, at 2:59 PM, Christopher Forsythe wrote:
>
>> Can any of the libraries be taken out of adium in order to reduce this
>> number?
>

> libglib is the big one, and no - libpurple depends on libglib.

That's fine, I'd just need to start preparing to find all of these
people and making a list.

Do we know what kind of permission we'd need to ask for? Is something
like this adequate? "hey, we want make adium easier to download for
users, and we have to do x, y, and z to do that. We need your
permission in order to do that. Is it ok?"

Is the intention to put Adium in the store for free or for sale?