Time to start getting 1.5 ready for beta?

Eric Richie eric at adium.im
Tue Jul 26 22:38:09 UTC 2011

I'd like to STRONGLY disagree on this one. We already have nighties for 1.5, I'd really prefer to hold off on a beta for 1.5 until we have 1.4.3 out the door. (It's sooo close!)

The last time we tried multiple versions in beta at the same time, it turned into a mess and everyone jumped right to the new hotness. Then they both languished for way too long.

I know that new is awesome but the sooner we can get 1.4.x wrapped up, the sooner we can move forward without looking back!

(And of course not being 'beta' yet doesn't stop anyone from working on other things in another branch.)

-Eric