List of services supported and their interoperability
This page lists all services Adium supports. Clicking on a service will lead you to a dedicated page with more information on the specific service, e.g. history and censorship.
Further down, you can find out which services interoperate ("which service can talk to which") as most services don't interoperate with most other services—this is not an Adium thing.
Note: We do not host any
- MSN Messenger
AOLInstant Messenger (AIM), including:
- MobileMe (formerly known as .Mac)
- Yahoo! Messenger, including:
- Bonjour, compatible with iChat
- MySpace IM
- IBM Lotus Sametime
- Novell GroupWise
No service can talk to all services. This means in order to talk to contact X, you must have an account on the same service as contact X, or on any compatible service.
- If you have an account on
AIM, ICQ, or MobileMe, you can chat with anybody who uses AIM, ICQ, MobileMe, or SMS.
- If you have an account on Google Talk,
XMPP("Jabber"), LiveJournal, or Gizmo, you can chat with anybody who uses Google Talk, XMPP("Jabber"), LiveJournal, or Gizmo.
- In the official clients, MSN users can chat with Yahoo! users but this is not yet supported by Adium.