What is Adium?
Based on the libpurple protocol library, Adium can connect you to any number of messaging accounts on any combination of supported messaging services (see further down for the list) and then chat with other people using those services.
Note: We do not host any
- Open Source, so everyone can see how Adium works and help improve it
- Support for a wide range of different Instant Messaging services (see the full list)
- A delightful
- Mac OS X integration
- Combined Contacts: Merge your contacts so that each one represents a person, not an account
- A sophisticated events system (including Growl notifications)
- File Transfer
- Xtras and many, many other customization options
- A beautiful icon, the "Adiumy" duck
- Translations: Adium speaks 27 different languages