Based on the libpurple protocol library, Adium can connect you to any number of messaging accounts on any combination of supported messaging services (see further down for the list) and then chat with other people using those services.
Note: We do not host any IM services ourselves. Adium is a third-party client for connecting to services run by other people (mostly companies).
- Open Source, so everyone can see how Adium works and help improve it.
- Support for a wide range of different Instant Messaging services (see the full list)
- A delightful UI
- Mac OS X integration
- Combined Contacts: Merge your contacts so that each one represents a person, not an account
- A sophisticated events system including support for visual notifications via Growl and OS X's Notification Center
- OTR Encryption
- File Transfer
- Xtras and many, many other customization options
- A beautiful icon, the "Adiumy" duck
- Translations: Adium speaks 27 different languages
|Adium 188.8.131.52 or later||Mac OS X 10.7.5 or newer, an Apple-branded Macintosh computer|
|Adium 1.5.10||Mac OS X 10.6.8|
|Adium 1.4.5||Mac OS X 10.5.8|
|Adium 1.3.10||Mac OS X 10.4|
|Adium 1.0.6||Mac OS X 10.3.9|
|Adium X 0.89.1||Mac OS X 10.2.x and older|
Adium X 0.88 and later are Universal applications which run natively on both PowerPC- and Intel-based Macintosh computers.
See our Supported OS Policy for more information.